Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Daughter's Letter (Happy 21st Anniversary Mom and Dad!)


Dear Mom and Dad, and to my dear sister too,


I know that today is one of the most special days of the year for the two of you so I thought of writing this little note of mine to express my love and gratitude towards you. I'll dedicate 10 things to you to make it easier ok? haha.


(Mommy) #1. I know that I won't be able to recall the very first day that I opened my eyes to this wonderful place called Earth but I know that it was heaven when I first felt your warm loving hands caress my fragile little body. I knew how you had that big smile on your face to see your 8-pound baby girl on the 10th of June 1989 at 10:40 am. I know how you always tease me as your chubchub until now. haha. don't worry mom, I'll be heading to the gym soon this semester. ^^


(Mommy) #2. I know how you were surprised when I started to read the front page of the newspaper in grandma's place. It was not because I was that gifted or anything at the age of five but it was all because you were there to teach me the ABCs and the 123s until I grow tired and sleep at your lap.


(Daddy) #3. Remember my first day at kindergarten? I was so proud of myself because I had you to bring me to class. But I did not know that when I was so focused to my teacher that you went somewhere else for a moment. I thought that I can be so strong without you in sight but after 15 minutes of pretending to be tough, I was crying on my seat because I thought that you have already left me. But then you came back! You came back for me with a chocolate drink and a siopao. Yey! No more tears!


(Ena, my sister) #4. I knew it was illegal for a six-year old to cut classes and to take a ride home by herself but I did that for you. I knew that we have a new baby in the family and I am so anxious that someone will steal that precious little treasure of us. I was so scared when mom asked me why I went home that all I did was to cry. When dad got me to calm down and asked me why I went home, I finally blurted out the innocent truth from a naive little girl, "I don't want anyone to take away my little sister from me." And then I ran into the bed to give you a protecting embrace. Such a sweet little sister (only back then. haha. Just kidding sis! I know you'll give me a punch when after you read that but too bad, I am miles away from you. :p).


(Daddy) #5. Thank you for always coming to the PTCA meeting during my grade school days until high school. I could still recall how you were known as a doctor by one of my classmate's mom for 3 years. haha. That was a good laugh because you never told her the truth that you were a Guidance Counselor and not a Medical Doctor until our graduation day. tehee. Thank you for always showing me support and for being the Vice President like I was during the second grade. haha. A toast for dad and daughter!


(Ena, my sister) #6. Remember how mom would always buy us the same clothes? I have a pink jelly mickey mouse sandals and you do have one too. I have a pink Alice in Wonderland shirt and shorts and you have one too. Don't you just love how we won't get lost because we have the same clothes on? haha. I knew that sometimes I become selfish that I wanted stuffs only for me but mom and dad always made sure that we get the same and we learn that value of equality and sharing. But I remember how we had six chocolate eggs and you got four. I asked you to give me the other one so we both have three but what you did was to cut the chocolate in half and left me having 2 1/2 while you get 3 1/2. I know how unfair was that but because you are such a heavenly and bratty little sis, I insisted your equation of what is equal division. (Make sure that when I get home I have my share in the room ok?)


(Mommy) #7. I was 9 but already business minded. I learned how to start my own little business in our classroom. I sold chocobars, chocosticks, wafer sticks, green peas, cornick, candies, polvoron, pastillas and other little delicacies that kids of my age would indulge on during recess. In high school, I still did some in addition to my Home Economics class and then it was upgraded to selling photocopies of blank maps for my world history class. When I was in college, I did power point presentations, term papers and made email addresses and accounts for my classmates for a dollar (I did earn!). What I enjoyed was selling Victoria's Secret perfume to my teachers and some clothes too! You thought me a lot on how to value work and you let me experienced what work is. But the greatest experience that I had is when you let me take charge of the Records Office of the hospital that you were working at before and it was there that I had proven that I am now capable of working on my own! (that experience helped me get my job at the Human Resources now!)


(Daddy) #8. I remembered how you tried to carry me and Ena when we were older. I know you couldn't carry Ena because she was heavier now (no offense okay? haha. what i meant is that you have grown already. ^^) and you couldn't carry me because I was almost the same height as you are (dad is 5'4 and i was 5' that time) But knowing how much you wanted us to be close to you makes us feel so special. I won't forget how you danced with us when we were small and have us put our feet on yours and dance to the waltz by Mozart until we fall asleep. I wanted to dance once more and I wish I could have a "debut" thing when I come back because I never had one. haha.


(Mommy) #9. You are my role model and I thank you for the never-ending sermon on the mount that you had with me. I knew how I always made your blood-pressure rise whenever you find out that I am having a boyfriend secretly. I knew that I had cost you so much stress that I thought I am going to be kicked out of the house. I know how much I had been such a hard-headed daughter before but thank you for everything (tears tears). It came to my senses that I was just wasting time with those guys (though you approved 1 out of the 13 guys. hahaha) and you made me realize that there is nothing that I would loose if I will wait. Thank you for letting me feel how precious I am to you and believing in me.


(Ena, my sister) #10. How is our clan going? haha. The day that we went out to the mall to meet up the members of our text clan (that's what unlimited text can do to me back home. haha) was the first sis-to-sis bonding moment that I had with you. Maybe because you were a bit of a grown-up at 13 so you knew a little about teen stuffs right? I know how sad it is not to see you grow up to high school because when I come back, you will be on your senior year. But I am glad that I am your role model and I promise that I will do my best to be a good example to you. I know how you always mess up my phone and read the cheesy lovey-dovey messages in my inbox but that really helped a lot. Even though I was extremely mad at you for letting me break up with those fellas, you made me realize that my sister is my savior. Without you to always spill the beans to mom and dad, I would not be a better sister as I am right now (you owe me a sundae when I come back for saying these. hahah). No boyfriends ok? (Don't follow your sister's footsteps of having one when she was 14. Oh my gosshhh! You are 14! hahah. Just don't. Crushes...that's fine. ^^)


Thanks mom and dad for bringing me into this world. I may now be missing going to the flea market with mommy every Saturday afternoon, or hanging out at the bookstore with dad when we get bored, or throwing a pillow on Ena's face for no reason but I know that I am here for a purpose and I have to make the most of every moment that has been given to me. I know you miss my cooking and my fantastic fruit salad ice cream and graham cake but I also know how you enjoy your Saturdays with movies at the mall. It's unfair but I will soon be home to share the laughter once again with you, my one and only crazy in love family. ^^


I miss you and I love you all so much!


from your loving (ehem) daughter, Naomi Kaye Amistad Yanga


P.S.Dad, is my guitar doing fine?

Mom, thanks for the Pond's.

Ena, don;t throw away my clothes of stuffs!


Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment