Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Power Up!


If you were gonna be marooned for the rest of your life, what would you want to have with you?


VIDEO GAMES:

1. Naruto

2. Need for Speed

3. Boogie Superstar (Wii)


SONGS:

1. Dream a Little Dream by Michael Buble

2. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

3. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones


BOOKS:

1. The Book of Mormon

2. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

3. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks


MOVIES:

1. Somewhere In Time (Christopher Reeve/Jane Seymour)

2. If Only (Jennifer Love-Hewitt/Paul Nichols)

3. Inception (Leonardo DiCarpio/Joseph Gordon-Levitt)


IF YOU HAD A TIME MACHINE...


1. If you could go back in time and change the future, but you only had five minutes, where would you go?The day when I was in Salt Lake City Temple in Utah last June. I should have went to the Church Musuem and beheld the great works of art by the masters. ^^/


2. If you had to be stuck living in some time period in the past, what time period would you pick?

I would want to go back in the retro years. The years when The Beatles invaded the airwaves!


3. If you could go back and videotape one event from your own life, what would it be?

I would video tape the moment when I was singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to my late grandpa Ramon. That was when I was five years old in their house in QC.


4. If you could go back and tell your past self one thing, what would it be?

"Remember who you are. Not only as the Naomi whom the people sees but the Naomi that you really are."


POWER QUESTIONS


Defining Goals


1. If you were to fully live your life, what is the first change you would start to make?

I would be more practical in spending my money. I would only spend for the things that I truly NEED. :)


2. What areas of you life could be upgraded / tweaked?

My emotional area. hahaha. Sometimes I give up to my emotions easily instead of using my head to deal with challenging situations. :p


3. What could we work on now that would make the biggest difference to your life?

Decision-making. :) I need to make myself getting used in facing my life's biggest decisions and I need to be more keen on it. :)


4. How would you feel about doubling that goal?

That would be more awesome! I bet I would be twice as succesful in accomplishing my goals!


5. What are you tolerating / putting up with?

I am tolerating some plan Bs and Cs with my plan A because I do need to have some back up if I fail in my first attempt.


6. What do you want MORE of in your life? (Make a list)

  • Time
  • Opportunity
  • Resources


7. What do you want LESS of in your life? (Make a list)

  • Drama
  • Excuses
  • Frustrations

8. What are the three things you are doing regularly that don't serve or support you?

  • Facebook browsing (imagine all the wasted hours snooping other people's profiles)
  • Sulking (sometimes) over a little matter
  • Overwhelming myself with things-to-do instead of breaking it down bit by bit

9. How could you make this goal more specific or measurable?

  • Make a to-do list
  • Set a time table to accomplish each task
  • Give yourself a deadline. A little pressure can boost your brain to think. :)

10. What would be the biggest impact from achieving your goal(s)?

I always get the feeling of accomplishment and boosts my confidence that I can do (almost) anything on my own!


11. What would you try now if you knew you could not fail?

I would try to be more conscientious in my studies. More focused and dedicated in the things I read. :p


12. How can we make this something you're aiming towards, rather than something you're trying to move away from?

I would change my study habits but cutting off my time with technology (away from the computer) and more time with the books. :P


13. What do you love?

I love the arts--most especially fashion designing and photography.


14. What do you hate?

Math problems--Algebra, Calculus...I suck. :p


15. What's one thing you would love to do before you die?

I would love to travel the world--atleast travel around the Philippines and check out the wonderful places and take photos. :)


16. Is now the right time for you to make a commitment to achieving these goals?

Yes it is definitely the time. :)


17. What could we work on right now that would really put a smile on your face?

My wisdom tooth extraction for my mission application. hahaha. After that, I would be worry-free and would just be waiting for my call. :)


18. For your life to be perfect, what would have to change?

Nothing. I love my life now and the ups and the downs are necessary in making life more exciting. I do not aim for perfection but I am willing to give a room for improvement. :)


19. What do you really, really want?

I really, really want to go to a fashion school (Fashion Institute of the Philippines) and then open my own studio/boutique. :)


20. What's one change you could make to your lifestyle that would give you more peace?

Stay away from other people's way and just do my own thing without getting into other people's way. ^^/


General Diagnostic Questions


21. What are three of your greatest strengths?

  • Time management
  • Goal setting
  • Prioritizing

22. What are you most excited about now? What are you looking forward to?

Getting my mission call. :)


23. What's one way to get more energy into your life?

Having a more positive outlook in life and pumping up myself with work and enthusiasm.


24. If your relationship was IDEAL, what's one thing that would be different?

I am not in one currently but when the right time comes, I can say it would be different because I already have a confirmation that he is the one. I am just waiting for the right time. :)


25. What would be your ideal career - if you could do anything?

I would want to be a fashion stylist and a fashion photographer at the same time. :) I want to work freelance so I can still stay at home and fulfill my family obligations. :)


26. What's one thing that you could do to give yourself more peace financially?

Continue to pay my tithing and have some to share to those who are in need. :)


27. What is your life really about? What is your purpose?

My life is about living it accordingly with the teachings of Christ and doing my best to achieving my goals for myself and for my family as well. It is more than just living a dream but it is more of having an eternal perspective in choice that I would be making in this life. :)



28. If you had to guess your life purpose (from looking at your life to date), what would
it be?

I do not need to guess because the choices that I am making now would bring me to the life that I wanted to have while I am here on earth. Life is to short to be wasted with guesses and wrong assumptions. We need to be sure on what we want to achieve and who we want to become.


29. What would you like most to be acknowledged for so far in your life?

I would just want to be acknowldged as a good friend whom you can count on through thick or thin. :)


30. Who in your life should be acknowledged more? Would you like to acknowledge them for something today?

I would want to acknowledge my parents and my sister because they were really the ones who had helped me grow to be the lady that I am right now. And of course I would also want to acknowledge my best friend Dave for being a shining star and a guiding light in all the decisions that I face from the last 3 years until the years to come. Thank you for everything. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment