Saturday, December 25, 2010
woke up at ten. overslept again.
felt the phone on my back. a missed call.
i dialed the number.
got up. took a shower.
dressed up in a green shirt. smiled at my reflection.
turned on the computer. checked my emails.
Merry Christmas all over.
opened a new tab. found an inspiration.
titled my drawing. put away my pencils.
food. breakfast. cheesy potatoes.
YouTube. found a movie. watched until three.
a friend came over. sound trip.
she went her way. the rain poured.
a song. The Decemberist.
We Both Go Down Together.
I did. Did you?
found a chocolate box. happiness.
found another movie. tears.
a friend came over. food trip.
the chill of the air. headphones on.
volume up. i danced. fell. danced.
back in my room.
the scent of the pine. the flickering lights.
a glass of cold milk. Christmas songs.
I wear my red hoodie.
phone history. three missed calls.
one saved voice mail. goodbye to you.
closed my eyes.
it's ten o'clock once again.
just wanted to sleep.
just wanted to close my eyes.
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
As I sit here on my bedside, I encapsulate myself in my own little bubble and turn back the hands of time as I close my eyes. Well, I did want to close my eyes but I won't be able to type these things down. LOL.
So here is where we are going to travel.
A sunny Friday noon of April 2008. BSCS Night.
Earl and I borrowed John Paul's motorbike to get the electric guitars (which I all brought home) and rent the drum set from that music store for the our department's program that night. We left at around 11am and we were welcomed with the busy streets of the city and we got no choice but to take alternative routes in order to get home fast. At first I was complaining why he kept on going through the small alleyways and bumpy roads instead of just going with the traffic. I cannot believe that he was able to convince me with the reason that he does not want me to get burned by the scorching sun (imagine 36C) and that he wants to spend more time with me because in two months, I will be miles away from him and that I will be enjoying the white sand beaches of paradise (he is a beach bum and he is jealous. hahaha). That was one of the most memorable bike rides that I had with my best friend (aside that I almost felt that I am going to die when he full throttled at 110kph at the highway with 3 guitars on my back and overtaking 2 cargo trucks! I never imagined that I will get home alive or ever get to go to Hawaii. I almost got a heart attack seriously! ). I am thankful that I had known such a great buddy like him and I am thankful that no matter how many oceans we are apart (well there is only one--the Pacific. :P), he is still there and had always been there to paint smiles and erase silence in my life. I owe a lot to reggae music (especially Bob Marley's Baby, I Love Your Way) because I know that as long as the rasta music is filling the island air, my best friend Earl is watching over me (or maybe singing and playing one too!). (^^.)~
A bright April Monday morning of 2008. Last week of school.
I am sitting by the computer table with my BSCS classmates in FLVC and trying my best to answer all of their questions about my transfer to BYU-Hawaii. They ask questions like when I am going to leave, when I am going to come back, and some requests like bringing home chocolates or much better, Hawaiian dudes for Winnie Clair and the girls. LOL. They even ask me if they should speak to me in English when I get back home because I might forget my Tagalog (daw). hahaha. Aside from all the requests and the little notes of "Good Luck!" and "Happy Trip" and "We are going to miss you!", this day was worth returning to because there was a certain boy who made me make a promise to myself that I will definitely come back home--for him? Well, I got my fairytale come true already but the battle for the PSP is not yet over Dave. hahaha. :P
A drizzly Friday July afternoon of 2008. Last day of work for me (I substituted my mom for a month) as a Records Clerk in Holy Infant Clinic).
Frederick stood there right in front of the glass door as he waited for me to walk out of the office. He asked me what my favorite number was and which color do I like to match with red. I smiled because I thought it was a silly question but I still gave him an answer: 13 is the number and green is the color. He told me to wait for 15 minutes and that he will shortly be back. He made me wonder what he was up to and I did not find out until he came back (and yes it was exactly 15 minutes!) almost stumbling his way to the glass door of the office. I told him to catch his breath (I cannot help but laugh at him when he came in panting) and tell me what he is up to. He asked me to close my eyes and open it when he tells me to do so. And so I did. And when I opened them, he was not in sight (for he was kneeling on the ground on one knee) and all I see are 13 red roses (I counted them), in a lovely green abaca wrap. I was speechless because it was my first time to receive such a gift (and at the same time speechless because I was thinking of an explanation that I am going to present to my mom, dad, and sister about how the roses came into my possession. hahaha). I almost forgot how long he was kneeling there so I came down to my knees with a smile on my face and gave him a hug of thanks. He whispered that there is one more thing and as I fixed the bundle of roses in my hand, there it was--a silver ring hidden in between the velveteen petals. He then offered me a ride home (he got a motorbike :p) and even before I was about to thank him, the clouds finally gave up and poured down heavily on us. Everything slowed down. Everything calmed down. It was a quiet Friday afternoon with only the two of us standing by the rusty gate of our apartment. I know that I needed to say what I feel for him and if I won't, there would not be another day to say so. I asked him to come closer to hear what I was about to say, for the rain was drumming on the rooftops now. His eyes locked into mine and when he was inches away from me, I decided to do what I wanted to say instead-- a kiss in the rain.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Ngayong lamang ako napaisip ng ganito at
ngayon lamang ako nakadama ng pagkalito.
Sabi ng isip ko, "Huwag muna".
Sabi ng puso ko, "Kailangan kita".
Tuwing matutulog, ikaw ay nasa isip.
Kulang na lamang pati pa sa aking mga panaginip.
Sabi ng mga magulang ko, "Huwag magmadali".
Sabi ng puso ko, "Kahit lamang ilang sandali".
Paggising sa umaga, sa isip ko ikaw ay una
hanggang pagdating sa trabaho. Tuliro sa bawat umaga.
Sabi ng mga kaibigan ko, "Maghanap ng iba".
Sabi ng puso ko, "Ikaw lang ang nais kong makita".
Lumipas ang ilang mga araw at ako pa rin ay balisa at
hindi ko matanto kung ano ang sa akin ay gumagambala,
Hanggang sinabi ng isip ko, "Bakit hindi mo subukan?"
at sinabi ng aking puso na "Wala namang masama kung tunay ang iyong nararamdaman".
Alas onse ng umaga ng landas natin ay nagkatagpo.
Ang tangi kong kahilingan ay malaman ang nararamdaman kong totoo.
Sa loob ng labintatlong araw, dumating na rin ang pagkakataong aking hinihintay
kung saan ang aking puso't isipa'y sumang-ayon ng iyong hinawakan ang aking mga kamay.
Pag-ibig minsan ay palabiro
lalo na pag hindi inaasahang mapana ni Kupido.
Ngayon ay hindi na ako nababalisa o nalilito
dahil ako lamang pala ay nahuhulog para sa iyo.
Sana by Naomi Kaye Amistad Yanga
My eyes are were tired from being in front of the computer so I decided to practice my song writing skills once again. ^^. Thank Stick-O for the guitar. :) I think that writing from your experience makes the best songs. hahaha. So this is how my love life was 7 years ago. hahaha. :P
Ako'y labing-apat na taon
Ng una kong nakita ang kaniyang ngiti
Hindi maiwasan na ang aking puso
as sa kaniya mawili
Ngunit ilang beses pa ba akong luluha
Upan malaman niyang mahal ko siya?
* Sana, sana hanggang ngayon ay kami pa
Sana ay kaniyang nadama kahit hindi ako nagsasalita
Ako ay labingwalo
Ng siya ay dumating sa buhay ko
Puno ng ligaya hanggang
siya ay nabuko
At aking tinanong kung ano pa ba ang kulang
ngayong apat na kami na kaniyang kasintahan
Ngunit ubos na ang aking mga luha
At hindi ko na alam kung mahal ko pa siya
*Sana, sana hindi na nasaktan pa
Sana, sana puso ko ay buo pa
Ngayon ako ay bente uno na
Mayroon pa nga bang tunay na pagsinta?
Siguro puso ko'y dapat ng magpahinga
At ipagsasantabi ang aking pagluha
Dahil sa tunay na pag-ibig di kailangan lumuha
At sa aking mga mata ay iyong madarama
* Sana, sana ngayon ay alam mo na
Sana sa hanggang magpakailanman ay tayo pa ring dalawa.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
If you were gonna be marooned for the rest of your life, what would you want to have with you?
2. Need for Speed
3. Boogie Superstar (Wii)
1. Dream a Little Dream by Michael Buble
2. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae
3. Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
1. The Book of Mormon
2. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery
3. A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
1. Somewhere In Time (Christopher Reeve/Jane Seymour)
2. If Only (Jennifer Love-Hewitt/Paul Nichols)
3. Inception (Leonardo DiCarpio/Joseph Gordon-Levitt)
IF YOU HAD A TIME MACHINE...
1. If you could go back in time and change the future, but you only had five minutes, where would you go?The day when I was in Salt Lake City Temple in Utah last June. I should have went to the Church Musuem and beheld the great works of art by the masters. ^^/
2. If you had to be stuck living in some time period in the past, what time period would you pick?
I would want to go back in the retro years. The years when The Beatles invaded the airwaves!
3. If you could go back and videotape one event from your own life, what would it be?
I would video tape the moment when I was singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" to my late grandpa Ramon. That was when I was five years old in their house in QC.
4. If you could go back and tell your past self one thing, what would it be?
"Remember who you are. Not only as the Naomi whom the people sees but the Naomi that you really are."
1. If you were to fully live your life, what is the first change you would start to make?
I would be more practical in spending my money. I would only spend for the things that I truly NEED. :)
2. What areas of you life could be upgraded / tweaked?
My emotional area. hahaha. Sometimes I give up to my emotions easily instead of using my head to deal with challenging situations. :p
3. What could we work on now that would make the biggest difference to your life?
Decision-making. :) I need to make myself getting used in facing my life's biggest decisions and I need to be more keen on it. :)
4. How would you feel about doubling that goal?
That would be more awesome! I bet I would be twice as succesful in accomplishing my goals!
5. What are you tolerating / putting up with?
I am tolerating some plan Bs and Cs with my plan A because I do need to have some back up if I fail in my first attempt.
6. What do you want MORE of in your life? (Make a list)
7. What do you want LESS of in your life? (Make a list)
8. What are the three things you are doing regularly that don't serve or support you?
- Facebook browsing (imagine all the wasted hours snooping other people's profiles)
- Sulking (sometimes) over a little matter
- Overwhelming myself with things-to-do instead of breaking it down bit by bit
9. How could you make this goal more specific or measurable?
- Make a to-do list
- Set a time table to accomplish each task
- Give yourself a deadline. A little pressure can boost your brain to think. :)
10. What would be the biggest impact from achieving your goal(s)?
I always get the feeling of accomplishment and boosts my confidence that I can do (almost) anything on my own!
11. What would you try now if you knew you could not fail?
I would try to be more conscientious in my studies. More focused and dedicated in the things I read. :p
12. How can we make this something you're aiming towards, rather than something you're trying to move away from?
I would change my study habits but cutting off my time with technology (away from the computer) and more time with the books. :P
13. What do you love?
I love the arts--most especially fashion designing and photography.
14. What do you hate?
Math problems--Algebra, Calculus...I suck. :p
15. What's one thing you would love to do before you die?
I would love to travel the world--atleast travel around the Philippines and check out the wonderful places and take photos. :)
16. Is now the right time for you to make a commitment to achieving these goals?
Yes it is definitely the time. :)
17. What could we work on right now that would really put a smile on your face?
My wisdom tooth extraction for my mission application. hahaha. After that, I would be worry-free and would just be waiting for my call. :)
18. For your life to be perfect, what would have to change?
Nothing. I love my life now and the ups and the downs are necessary in making life more exciting. I do not aim for perfection but I am willing to give a room for improvement. :)
19. What do you really, really want?
I really, really want to go to a fashion school (Fashion Institute of the Philippines) and then open my own studio/boutique. :)
20. What's one change you could make to your lifestyle that would give you more peace?
Stay away from other people's way and just do my own thing without getting into other people's way. ^^/
General Diagnostic Questions
21. What are three of your greatest strengths?
- Time management
- Goal setting
22. What are you most excited about now? What are you looking forward to?
Getting my mission call. :)
23. What's one way to get more energy into your life?
Having a more positive outlook in life and pumping up myself with work and enthusiasm.
24. If your relationship was IDEAL, what's one thing that would be different?
I am not in one currently but when the right time comes, I can say it would be different because I already have a confirmation that he is the one. I am just waiting for the right time. :)
25. What would be your ideal career - if you could do anything?
I would want to be a fashion stylist and a fashion photographer at the same time. :) I want to work freelance so I can still stay at home and fulfill my family obligations. :)
26. What's one thing that you could do to give yourself more peace financially?
Continue to pay my tithing and have some to share to those who are in need. :)
27. What is your life really about? What is your purpose?
My life is about living it accordingly with the teachings of Christ and doing my best to achieving my goals for myself and for my family as well. It is more than just living a dream but it is more of having an eternal perspective in choice that I would be making in this life. :)
28. If you had to guess your life purpose (from looking at your life to date), what would
I do not need to guess because the choices that I am making now would bring me to the life that I wanted to have while I am here on earth. Life is to short to be wasted with guesses and wrong assumptions. We need to be sure on what we want to achieve and who we want to become.
29. What would you like most to be acknowledged for so far in your life?
I would just want to be acknowldged as a good friend whom you can count on through thick or thin. :)
30. Who in your life should be acknowledged more? Would you like to acknowledge them for something today?
I would want to acknowledge my parents and my sister because they were really the ones who had helped me grow to be the lady that I am right now. And of course I would also want to acknowledge my best friend Dave for being a shining star and a guiding light in all the decisions that I face from the last 3 years until the years to come. Thank you for everything. :)