Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Daughter's Letter (August 14, 2010)


Apat lang kami sa pamilya pero masaya. Puno ng kwela at trip. Parang mga pamilya sa koreanobela sa ABS at GMA lang. :P

Panganay ako. Ako taga luto/laba/plantsa. Di na kailangan magreklamo kasi may pang load naman ako pagkatapos. hahaha.

Dahil ako ang ate, dapat ako ang example sa kapatid ko.

I did not take it seriously dati and all I cared for is myself. I was selfish dati.

I took it for granted before but as I see my sister grow, I realized that indeed I need to be there for her. She needs me.

She needs her Ate. And now I am doing my very best to a role model. :)


I have a sister who is 15 years old. Ubod ng kakulitan. Grabe. Hindi lang iyon. Inatasan pa atang maging spy ko.

Laging may intelligence report kay mommy lalo na pagdating sa mga BOYS. Mas malupit pa sa surveillance camera at bugbog sarado abot ng mga umaaligid na manliligaw (di ko alam if tumatalab pa rin ang suhol na Dota sa kaniya. bahaha).

Masipag mag aral kapatid ko. Magaling pa sa math at sa pag memorize. Saludo ako sa kaniya kasi I am bad in those areas. =)

Super friendly siya. Kapag lumilipat kami ng bahay, may kaibigan na siyang mga bata in an hour. Ako kahit isa walang kilala.

Matalino siyang bata and pag may goal siya eh natutupad niya. Talo ako pagdating sa pag iipon ng pera. Siya ang example ko. hahaha.

I left when she was 13 years old. When I come home, she would be 18 years old. My little sister would be a lady-in-the-making na.

No longer a little girl. But still would be my dear little sis. ^^/

Miss na raw niya ako. Well, miss ko na rin siya kahit super kulit lang. :p



Guidance Counselor si Daddy (Minsan ginagamitan niya ako ng mga Psychology strategies niya pag matigas ulo ko. haha). Bago pa man siya nakaabot doon, nagsimula si dad na tricycle driver. Naaalala ko pa noong 6 years old ako na tinatawag ko siya kapag napapadaan siya sa bahay namin sa pagpapasada niya. Kakaway siya sa akin tapos hihintayin ko siya sa may gate hanggang makauwi na sa hapon. He gave me my first coloring book noong pasko. Tanda ko si Jack and the Beanstalk yun. :) Lagi niya ako binibilhan ng Moo at siopao noong nasa kinder ako. Tapos every birthday ko, regalo niya sa akin ay mga libro. I loved all those fairytale books at coloring books. I still have them back home sa mini library ko. :)


Marami akong natutunan kay daddy. I learned how to fix the radio and to solder some parts sa speaker. I also learned how to grow fond of watches and upraise some good brands. Dad is also my best friend when it comes to cars and other techie stuffs. I was always his assistant when he is fixing something and I get so familiarized with all his wrenches and screw drivers. Tahimik lang si Daddy pero ang lalim mag isip. Mahilig siya magbasa ng books, which I guess nakuha ko siguro sa kaniya yung pagka book worm ko. Mahilig siya sa mga documentary lalo na mga World War movies. Mahilig siya sa classic movies kaya natutunan ko rin maging hilig ang mga movies like Somewhere In Time, Fiddler on the Roof, The Sound of Music, at ang ever comedy na Charlie Chaplin. Sa kaniya ko rin nakuha ang musical taste ko for jazz, bossa nova, classical (Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven), and the old school rock (Simon and Garfunkel, The Beatles, Neil Young, Peter Paul and Mary, etc).


Joker si daddy at panalo pa rin ang mga corny niyang jokes. Magaling rin magluto si Daddy. Paborito ko yung cornbeef omelet pag breakfast and kahit Lucky Me! chicken noodles lang na may itlog tuwing umuulan eh panalo pa rin. I see my dad as one of the greatest people in my life. He is a great example of what a father and a husband should be. Masipag siya at laging nandiyan. I know he loves me kaya he is doing his best to protect me from getting my heart broken by my wrong decisions. He is our guiding light sa pamilya. He is always there to put a smile on our faces and keep our family strong in the gospel. My daddy had always been a man of wisdom and faith. And as her daugther, I will not fail my dad and I will make sure to find the right man who reflects the values that he has. In due time of course. :)


My mommy naman is an Accountant (pero parang abogada siya pag may nagawa akong kasalanan. haha). Magaling mag budget and I am glad that I learned how from her. She manages the family affairs (wow parang may pagkalaki laking business naman) along with my dad. She is a business woman at heart and natutunan ko ring kumita in small ways since I was in the Grade 3--nagsimula sa Jackpot na candy hanggang sa Choki Choki tapos naging pastillas. Nung high school medyo humupa pero naging upraiser ako ng mga barkada ko sa mga gamit na benta nila (skateboard, acoustic at electric guitar, cellphone) at ako rin tumatawad sa mga nais nilang bilhin sa ibang mga tropa. Nung college naman, I was able to sell Victoria's Secret na mga pabango at whitening soap sa mga teachers. Well kumita ako and meron akong pambili ng mga gamit ko sa school. :) I am glad that my mom taught me how to have the confidence to market items as young as I was. (Lately, I was able to sell some of my clothes and accesories rin nga eh. Thanks mommy!)


Aside from the serious side of my mom, she is the best when it comes to homemaking. She taught me how to read when I was 3 years old (I was able to read in English when we visited my grandma in Manila. I was reading a news article from the Inquirer as they said) and continued to teach me until I was able to go to school. I help her prepare the ingredients for the meal she would be preparing and later on, she taught me how to cook a meal. And now, cooking had become one of my favorite things to do. She is also a little perfectionist and our house is always so neat and clean and organized. She always tells me that I should always think that someone may come and visit and our house should always be nice and clean. Koting liko lang ng upuan sa sala napapansin niya. Lalo pa ang mga damit namin sa cabinet ng kapatid ko. hahaha. Weekly inspector siya parang White Glove lang sa dorms. :) I am thankful for that training kasi natuto akong maging organized sa lahat ng gamit ko and hindi lang iyon, pati na rin sa priorities ko and sa budget. I owe mommy a whole lot. :)


Siyempre, hindi rin pawawala sa uso ang mommy ko. With her 5'7 and slim frame, my mom is a very fashionable lady. From the pencil skirts, to the structured shoulders, and the black stockings and the high waisted pants, not to mention the matching shoes and bags, you can definitely say that my mom is a fashionista. She is my shopping partner sa ukay-ukay. Dati lagi kami nagka-clash sa fashion sense kasi I always go for the edgy look while she prefers the classic look. Sometimes we end up buying nothing kasi yung gusto ko eh ayaw niya. Para ma resolve tampo ko, we would go over the sidewalk and ask me to choose whichever I want from the tiangge items. She knows I love accesories so I go for it. I would buy 3 headbands for P20 and I am so happy na. :P Then we would go and buy some nail polish and I would do her manicure at home. Now I am loving my mother's fashion sense and I realized why she does not approve of the edgy look much because she would want me to look at my very best always. :)


My mom is also my best friend. Dati feeling ko masyado na siyang OA sa pagbabawal sa akin na magkanobyo or manliligaw. Later did I realize na ayaw lang nila ako masaktan and they do not want me ending up with someone who is not worth it. Naisipan ko pa dating mag layas (promise. ewan ko ba ano pumasok sa isip ko noon. :p) One of the greatest things she told me was this (and it goes for all the girls too):


"Hindi mo kailangang magmadali anak. Maganda ka at matalino. Kung yung mga pinakasimpleng mga tao ay nakakahanap ng para sa kanila, mas lalo pa sa iyo. Tuparin mo muna mga pangarap mo. Darating rin ang para sa iyo in due time."


Sometimes I still fall out of her advice but now I am trying to fulfill the promise that I made with her and I know that by following her advice, everything would fall into place and I won' have any regrets when time comes because I know that mother's know best. My mom is one of the sweetest persons I ever met and I know I am growing to be like her na rin as I see myself today. She is my role model and no matter how hgh her expectations is of me, she believes in me that I can make the impossible possible. :)


I am thankful that I am born with such a great family--a wonderful dad, a loving mother, and a sweet sister. They are always there to support me in all. Kahit matigas ulo ko and fall short at some point in my life, they were there to help me get up and give me room for improvement. Sometimes pag nagmamagaling ako, they give me the benefit of the doubt. Ayun, tama nga sila, mali ako. hahah. I learned a lot from them and I begin to be more reasonable sa mga ginagawa ko. Sometimes I may still be fickle in decisions because I just crowd my head with so much concerns. But after I had prayed for divine guidance and put my family in the picture, things are way clearer and off with the clutter.


I guess one of my weaknesses is having too much concern and having so little faith that things would be okay. But knowing how my family has great faith in me and in my dreams, I am not afraid to make a difference and I am confident enough to show the world what I got.


I ain't gonna waste mah time doin' nothin'. I need to work and I would definitely make mah mama, papa, and sistah proud!


I love you Daddy.

I love you Mommy.

I love you Ena.


from 21 year-old your daughter,

Naomi Kaye Amistad Yanga

No comments:

Post a Comment